Last Updated: April 28, 2023
Applied Control Equipment, LLLP (“Applied Control,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information we collect through our compliance with this notice. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information when you visit the website located at https://www.appliedcontrol.com (the “Site”) or use our other products and services that include an authorized link to this Privacy Notice (collectively with the Site, the “Offerings”).
When This Privacy Notice Applies
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- when accessing or using the Site or our Offerings;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us;
- when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites; or
- when you interact with our Offerings on third-party websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- a third-party; or
- a third-party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Offerings.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site or Offerings. By accessing or using this Site or our Offerings, you agree to this privacy notice. This policy may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Site or the Offerings after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the notice periodically for updates.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Types of Information We Collect
The types of information that you may provide directly to us includes, without limitation:
Information Provided by You
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, and phone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you such as demographic information;
- Login information, such as username and password;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Offerings, including usage details and IP addresses;
- Details of your visits to our Offerings including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Offerings;
- Your educational history with us, such as the courses that you have enrolled in or attended.
. You may provide us with certain information directly when you interact with us through the Site, for example, when you register for an account on the Site, when you subscribe for an e-mail newsletter, or when you register to use certain Offerings available through the Site. Additionally, several of the services that we offer on the Site may require registration as a condition of use. Once you register with the Site, you are no longer anonymous to us.
Information from Use of Website
. Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our websites. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
We may use technologies, including electronic images–sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or beacons–that allow us to track general user traffic patterns. We may also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our websites, and information about pages you visited. Unless you have registered for one of our products or services, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any personal information about you unless you have specifically given us personal information, in which case we use that information to enhance your services in the ways described below.
The information that we collect through automated means may include:
Information from Service Providers.
- Information about the devices used to access the Site;
- Dates, times, and durations of visits and return visits to the Site;
- Anonymous, aggregated (data collected in mass), statistical information on Site usage; and
- Usage information regarding the features of the Site.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including our suppliers and service providers, and add it to the information you provided to us. Such third-party service providers may include Google Analytics, ZoomInfo, Kentico and Constant Contact assist us by providing analytics information for the Site and communications. We are not responsible for the practices employed by such third parties. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, see here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. For more information about Constant Contact’s privacy practices, please visit https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-notice. For more information about Kentico’s privacy practices, please visit https://www.kentico.com/privacy-policy. For more information about ZoomInfo’s privacy practices, please visit https://www.zoominfo.com/about-zoominfo/privacy-policy. We recommend that you review these documents if you have any questions about these service providers.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that we obtain about you to:
- Present our Offerings and its contents to you;
- Fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in on-line registrations, message boards, etc.;
- Establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you and to provide you with ongoing customer service;
- Send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you;
- Better understand your current and future needs;
- Communicate information about new products, services or solutions we think you may have an interest in;
- Enhance the user experience in our network of websites;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of our websites and transactions conducted using our websites;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and
- Alert you to important safety notices regarding products and services you may have purchased from us.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing Information with Others
We may disclose information that is not personal information, and other aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information about our users, without restriction. We do not sell customer lists or personal information to others and only disclose personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. In providing you with our Offerings, we may disclose the personal information we collect to contractors, service providers, or suppliers that we use to support our business and provide the Offerings; to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; or for any other purpose that we disclose to you when you provide the information. Additionally, we may provide your contact information to a third-party partner in the event that you contact us for information or services that we do not provide. For example, if you request information about equipment from outside of our geographic area of operation, we will connect you with a third-party partner that serves your location so that you can get the answers you need.
We may also use the information that we collect to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs. In these cases, should you not wish to hear from us in this manner, we will do our best to provide a simple method for you to have your name and information removed upon request.
We also reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
How We Safeguard Information
At Applied Control, we have implemented reasonable measures designed to protect our systems and information under our control against unauthorized access and use. Please note, however, that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Offerings, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
If we provide our suppliers with any personal information, we will advise them that suppliers are required to maintain customer confidentiality and may use the information only for the purpose for which it was provided.
Employees are governed by standards and policies to ensure that information is secure and treated with care and respect.
Retention of Your Information
Information may be held at our offices and facilities and the offices and facilities of our subsidiaries and affiliates, contractors, service providers, suppliers or subsidiaries that we use to support our business and provide the Offerings to you. We will keep your information while you have an account with us or for as long as it necessary to provide the Offerings to you. Thereafter, we will keep your information for as long as is necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints, or claims made by your or on your behalf;
- to show that we treated you fairly; or
- to keep records required by law.
We will retain your information until such information is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above, and then we will delete or anonymize it.
Your Choices About Your Information
You have the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Marketing Communications. If you have received a promotional email from us or from a third-party provider on our behalf, you may opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you wish to unsubscribe to our marketing communications. We will promptly remove your name from our mailing list.
- Cookies. You may elect not to allow cookies by adjusting your settings on your browser. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of the Site. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Offerings.
- Web Analytics. You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Site by Google Analytics by installing the following browser extension from Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Review/Access your Personal Information. You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Do Not Track Signals. A do not track signal (“DNT”) prevent web applications from tracking you, you can learn more about DNT at https://allaboutdnt.com. Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. We honor the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding such collection of your information.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Offerings are not directed to, and Applied Control does not knowingly collect or solicit information from, children under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Applied Control reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make a material change to our Privacy Notice, we will provide notice to you (by email and/or posting on our website) that our privacy practices have changed and will provide a link to the new notice. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is at the top of this page. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to check for any updates or changes.
We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding Applied Control’s Privacy Notice, please call us at 303-799-9300, write to us at 13705 Compark Boulevard, Englewood, CO 80112, email us at: email@example.com or reach out to us through our “Contact Us” webpage.