We are Applied Control, a growing company doing big things in the West. Our energetic team delivers fit-for-purpose and engineered process control solutions for top companies in the oil & gas, refining, chemical, power, life sciences, alternative fuels and food & beverage industries. Our expertise is backed by Emerson, a multi-billion-dollar global leader in engineered process equipment and technology.
With offices in Colorado, Washington, Alaska, Utah and Wyoming, we cover a territory of 11 states and over 1,400,000 square miles.
Challenges We Tackle
A major brewery needs process consistency to ensure product quality
An oil & gas company needs to monitor emissions to maintain EPA standards
A refinery needs to have a system in place to protect their people, their infrastructure and the environment
A power plant needs control elements to keep electricity flowing to metropolitan areas
Why Join Us?
We value a balance between work and home and are committed to a culture that allows for quality time and energy to be spent in each. This includes a generous paid time off program and many jobs offer hybrid working environments and 9/80 scheduling that provides a three day weekend every other week.
Applied Control has an ACE of Clubs that is an employee led group that puts together happy hours, adventures in our backyard, sporting events, contests, and other fun activities to keep things lively and engaging. This allows for getting to know your coworkers or others you might not interact with regularly as people. Why – because we care about our culture.
We know that supporting our customers can only be achieved through commitment from our employees. To show our appreciation for this we have a full recognition program to provide informal and formal ways of recognizing contributions.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
We provide a robust benefit offering that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending and health savings accounts as well as a 401K with a company match and profit sharing.
Compensation & Growth
We offer a competitive compensation package and growth opportunities that allow you to grow professionally and financially with us.
Giving back to our community is incredibly important to us. ACE of Hearts is our employee powered, company-sponsored charity committee that hosts activities and social events to help give back to the community.
Life as an Application Engineer
The thing I like the most about my role is the power I'm given as a younger engineer.
Thomas Coleman, Application Engineer
• Every person goes home safe
• Protecting our people, our business interests, the environment, and our communities
• Continually searching for a safer way – learning as we grow
• Our customer loyalty is the benchmark for our success
• Quality is achieved through collaboration, support, and performance excellence
• Exceeding expectations, going one step further, and ensuring success
• We grow as our employees grow – they are our competitive advantage
• We treat people fairly – honoring the balance between personal and professional
• We learn from every experience to build a stronger organization
• Empowering our team to take calculated risks
• Fostering a culture of innovation and creativity
• Fearless pursuit of continuous improvement
• Delivering value built off our extensive expertise
• Connecting technologies and simplifying complexity
• Inspiring creative thought through an in-depth understanding of our customers
• A recipe that is equal parts motivation and discipline
• Leveraging the resources at our disposal to solve the most challenging issues
• Finding the strength to break down barriers and crush mediocrity
• Honest, respectful, and accessible
• Building connectedness through teamwork, fun, and success
• Listen to each individual voice